I found the mag_calibration.py file in the TauLabs git. I cloned the git and was able to run the python script with -help and it listed the command arguments so I figured all I needed was a log file and I'm probably moving ahead.
I connected my OpenLager to my AQ32 board's com4 TX port, applied power, shutdown, and inspected the .cfg file. It looked good, and I configured the baud to 2000000 on both the cfg file and in the logging tab on the configurator. My first log file seems to have been created properly and begins:
dRonin git hash:
The log viewer is complaining about the UAV Object definition and the git hash and isn't showing any signs of getting happier. Trying to feed the file to the TauLabs mag_calibration script was a total failure and I'm thinking maybe it just want's a log recorded from the GCS. Who knows, it's all a bit vague.
I must be getting close to the requisite amount of self abuse required for some input on this one.