I recently pulled my Taulink Module out of the drawer and decided to try to get it working. I assembled it about 4 years ago and got it up and running (somewhat) using guides that don't seem to exist online anymore. I was able to use it for control, but I never got the telemetry aspect working. So today I gave it a shot, by changing around all kinds of settings and testing over and over. I think when I set the VCP to USBTelemetry the thing just stopped responding.
I'm able to rescue into the bootloader, load firmware, and boot, but it never communicates with the Tau Labs GCS. There's no option to erase settings, and safe boot makes no difference.
I'm trying to remember how I flashed the thing in the first place, thinking I can erase it and start over. I apparently had ST Flash Loader Demonstrator software for this, and a CP2102 USB-UART board. I found one reference to these things, with a pinout and baud rate specified, but I can't get it to connect.
Does anyone have experience with recovering one of these things?
Edit - I just downloaded DRonin and loaded the newest firmware on there, and it gets the thing talking again, but I don't see any way to bind it to the FC like there was in the TL GCS. I searched around and see I'm not the only one asking, so I guess I'll keep digging on that. I tried flashing back to the TL firmware now that it's talking, but that just breaks it again. Hoping someone here can help!
Edit 2 - Ended up going back a version on the GCS to use the bind wizard, and I'm back in business. I feel like I was close to getting it to work with the new version's OpenLRS menu - it would bind, but I wasn't getting the stick inputs to the quad. I don't think it's impossible to get it going on the new version, but that might be a project for another time. Cheers!